What Makes Great Teaching?

What Makes Great Teaching? 

     There are several different approaches to teaching that make it great and I think a lot of teachers think that great teaching means sacrificing their own lives, but this does not have to be true. I believe that the biggest difference between mediocre and great teaching, is a teacher that is actually passionate about their job. When a teacher is passionate about what they do, it shows in their approach to teaching and to developing a relationship with their students. A passionate teacher is excited when they teach and this encourages students to being excited about learning the material. A passionate teacher gets to know their students on a more personal level in order to understand them more deeply and become an advocate for each one of them. It is so important to understand each student on a more personal level because it can drive a teacher to become more equitable in the way that they lead their class. 

     As a future educator, I want to have a classroom environment that is welcoming and exciting for my students. I want them to feel comfortable in expressing their feelings and ideas to me. My students will feel seen and they will be heard. As I think about my time in school, I definitely have fond memories of my teachers that were passionate about their job. I also have bad memories of teachers that did not seem as passionate, and I would hate to be seen as that teacher to my future students.


Kristian Pogue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you Willing to do to Educate all Children?

How Can Educational Philosophies Influence Schooling?